The CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) exam FC1-U61 is designed to test foundational IT knowledge and skills across a range of IT domains. The exam objectives for this certification include:
- IT Concepts and Terminology: Understanding of basic computer hardware, software, networking, and security concepts and terminology.
- Infrastructure: Understanding of the components that make up a computer system, including CPUs, memory, storage, peripherals, and networking devices.
- Applications and Software: Understanding of application software and operating systems, including common features and functionality.
- Software Development: Understanding of basic programming concepts, such as variables, data types, and control structures.
- Database Fundamentals: Understanding of database concepts, such as database design, data types, and basic SQL.
- Security: Understanding of common security threats and best practices for securing devices and data.
- Networking: Understanding of basic networking concepts, such as IP addresses, network topologies, and common networking protocols.
- Cloud Computing: Understanding of cloud computing concepts, such as virtualization, storage, and networking.
- IT Ethics and Professionalism: Understanding of ethical and professional standards in the IT industry, including privacy, intellectual property, and workplace policies.
The exam consists of 75 multiple-choice and performance-based questions, and test-takers are given 60 minutes to complete it.
Check out the Sim-Ex Practice Tests for ITF+ and download demo.