About the Exam
CompTIA Security+ is a security certification for IT professionals that establishes core knowledge for those working in cybersecurity roles. It focuses on the latest trends in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management, and intrusion detection.
Difference Between SY0-501 and SY0-601 Exams
CompTIA Security+ SYO-501 Exam Domains:
- Technologies and Tools (22%)
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities (21%)
- Identity and Access Management (16%)
- Architecture and Design (15%)
- Risk Management (14%)
- Cryptography and PKI (12%)
CompTIA Security+ SYO-601 Exam Domains:
- Implementation (25%)
- Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities (24%)
- Architecture and Design (21%)
- Operations and Incident Response (16%)
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (14%)
The Expected Difference between CompTIA Security SY0-501 and SY0-601.
The additional information is expected to include the following:
- Cloud support
- Security for modified virtualization platforms
- Mobile device security issues
- In depth analysis of monitoring tools
- Additional information on network access control models
- Common mobile device manufacturer issues
- Questions covering SSo multifactor authentication techniques and tools
- Best practices for Cyber Security threats
- Penetration tests
- Vulnerability scans
SECURITY+ EXAM DETAILS
The 90-minutes-long exam with a passing score of 750 comprises of 90 multiple-choice and performance-based questions.
JOB ROLES FOR SECURITY+ TRAINING
Any IT role that is involved in security readiness and preventing cybersecurity threats can benefit from a Security+ certification. This titles that can most benefit from having a certification are:
- Security Administrator
- Systems Administrator
Security+ certification can also help those in more advanced security roles, by providing a starting point for them to continue their security training. Roles that can benefit from the foundational knowledge of a Security+ certification include:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) exam will retire on: July 31, 2021.
The new Security+ (SY0-601) exam released in November 2020.
Available from: Security+ practice exam
Please refer following link for Security+ SYO-601 study guide.