If you are an IT Professional working in an area like Computer Security or Networking, there are lots of certifications to showcase your expertise. In this article, you will find the top 3 CompTIA® certifications that will make you a great asset to any company.
- CompTIA Security+™ Certification:
Security+ certification will give a good start in the network security field. CompTIA Security+ certification is a well recognized cert in the area of computer security. Possible job titles for the certification holders would be like:
- Security Analyst
- Computer Security Administrator
- Security/IT Manager
- CISO/CSO, Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer or Integrator
Due to an increase in threats to computer security, there is a high demand for information technology experts. So if you are holding this certificate, then your profile will be eye-catching for many recruiters.
- Check out the official website for Comptia Security+ cert: https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/security
- You may be interested in practice tests:
- CompTIA A+™ Certification:
The CompTIA A+ is the most widely recognized certification in the field of computer hardware and operating systems for those beginning their career in IT. The exam is designed to certify the competency of entry-level PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers. No pre-requisites required for CompTIA A+ certification. CompTIA A+ certification deals with computer repair, software & operating systems, home/small office network administration, information security, cloud computing, and troubleshooting of both desktops and mobile devices. Many reputed companies, including US and other government organizations recognize A+ credentials while doing selection process.
Recently, Comptia introduced performance based questions that test the hands-on skills of the individual taking the test. Check out Comptia A+ Labsim for hands-on labs experience.
- Check out the official web page here: https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a
- You may also be interested in practice tests: http://www.simulationexams.com/exam-details/comptia-aplus-practice-tests-with-labsim.htm
- CompTIA Network+™ Certification:
CompTIA Network+ is a mid-level certification. This certification validates expertise in managing, maintaining, installing, troubleshooting, and configuring the basic network infrastructure. Network+ course not only gives you hands-on experience for the certification exam but also provides skills as a networking professional. The certification has undergone, as with other certifications, several revisions. The most recent cert exam, N10-007, provides candidates with knowledge and skills required for networking using current technology products and services. Recent update includes the following:
1. Critical security concepts that are essential for every security practitioner
2. Important cloud computing best practices
3. Coverage of virtualization techniques in detail
4. Network resiliency concepts and techniques for network engineers
It is a very good addition on the resume of a networking engineer.
- Checkout the official website here: https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/network
- You may be interested in Network+ Labsim for hands-on practice in simulated environment using virtual networking components.
Note: Simulationexams.com is not associated with Comptia or any other organization. The views expressed are that of the author. Comptia® is a registered trademark of Comptia® organization. A+™, Network+™, and Security+™ are trademarks of Comptia and duly recognized. Contact author Giri.M at giri.m[at]anandsoft.com for feedback or suggestions.