Simulationexams.com, leading practice exams and network sims provider, released CCST Networking practice tests. The Sim-Ex software consist of 3 individual tests with a total of 200+ questions with answers and explanation for each question. The conceptual understanding is important as CCST short for Cisco Certified Support Technician aims at training individuals in networking technologies as a career option. Another entry level certification, CCST CyberSecurity is also getting very popular due to increased cyber security awareness. The exam topics covered in CCST Networking certification exam are broadly given below:
1. Standards and Concepts:
- Understand the OSI model layers and their functions.
- Differentiate between protocols, data encapsulation, and network devices.
- Recognize various network types like LANs, WANs, and MANs.
- Grasp the roles of routers, switches, firewalls, and access points.
2. Addressing and Subnet Formats:
- Define IP addresses, MAC addresses, and subnet masks.
- Distinguish between public and private addresses.
- Learn subnet mask calculation and identifying network/broadcast/host addresses.
- Comprehend the advantages of subnetting.
3. Endpoints and Media Types:
- Identify common LAN cables and connectors (e.g., RJ-45, Cat5e).
- Understand different network media like twisted-pair, coaxial, and fiber optic cables.
- Grasp the principles and applications of wireless networking technologies.
- Recognize network infrastructure components like cabling, racks, and power supplies.
- Understand basic configuration principles for Cisco routers and switches.
- Learn about network management tools like ping, traceroute, and IPconfig.
5. Diagnosing Problems:
- Troubleshoot common network issues like connectivity loss, slow performance, and DNS errors.
- Appreciate the importance of documentation and logging in network troubleshooting.
- Recognize the significance of network security and common threats like viruses, malware, and phishing.
- Understand basic security practices like strong passwords and access control.
- Grasp the functions of security technologies like firewalls and encryption.
The practice tests, since the inception of certification exams, have become a part and parcel of exam preparation. There are several benefits in using practice tests (often called exam sim due to variety of question types, and simulations):
Familiarity with Exam Format: Practice tests mimic the actual exam format, including the structure, types of questions, and time constraints. This helps individuals become familiar with the test environment and reduces anxiety during the real exam.
Assessment of Knowledge: Practice tests allow individuals to assess their current level of knowledge on the subject matter. By identifying strengths and weaknesses, test-takers can focus their study efforts on areas that need improvement.
Time Management Skills: Timed practice tests help improve time management skills. Test-takers can learn to allocate their time effectively across different sections or question types, ensuring they can complete the exam within the given timeframe.
Confidence Building: Successfully completing practice tests boosts confidence. As individuals see improvements in their scores or notice a better understanding of the material, they gain confidence in their ability to perform well on the actual exam.
Identification of Weaknesses: Practice tests help identify specific areas of weakness. This allows test-takers to focus on those areas during their study sessions, resulting in a more targeted and efficient approach to preparation.
The Sim-Ex practice tests come with an evaluation version with at least 25 questions with answers and explanation. Please download the CCST Networking practice tests for evaluation. The full version may be obtained online and activated.
Related product: CCST CyberSecurity, a security related entry level certification from Cisco is also very popular. Check it out..download the evaluation version of CCST CyberSecurity practice tests.