Q2. Which of the following are true about Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)? (Choose 2 best answers).
A. VRRP can have only one router in backup state.
B. 100 is the highest priority number that can be assigned to a router.
C. The virtual router MAC address for VRRP group 10 is 0000.5e00.000a.
D. By default, all VRRP routers are configured to preempt the current master router.
Correct Answer: C and D
The following are true about Virtual Router Redundancy protocol (VRRP):
1. VRRP will have one master router, and all other routers are in the backup state.
2. VRRP router priorities range from 1 to 254. By default, the priority is set to 100. 254 is the highest priority.
3. The MAC address of the virtual router is of the form 0000.5e00.01xx, where xx is the VRRP group number in the range 0 to 255 or 0 to ff hex.
4. The interval for VRRP advertisements is 1 second by default.
5. All VRRP routers are configured to preempt the current master router by default. The router priority should be highest for the preemption to occur.
Disclaimer: Simulationexams.com is not affiliated with any certification vendor, and Sim-Ex™ Practice Exams are written independently by SimulationExams.com and not affiliated or authorized by respective certification providers. Sim-Ex™ is a trade mark of SimulationExams.com or entity representing Simulationexams.com.CCNP™ is a trademark of Cisco® systems