Description: This lab exercise demonstrates configuring VTP with a VTP client.
1. Configure SW1 with fast ethernet 0/11 interface and enable trunk line by issuing switchport mode trunk command
2. Enter into vlan database mode of SW1 and configure SW1 as VTP Server and set vtp domain to certexams, create VLAN 10 and VLAN 40 on SW1 and view the VTP information by issuing show vtp status command
3. Configure SW2 with fast ethernet 0/11 interface and enable trunk line by issuing switchport mode trunk command
4. Enter into vlan database mode of SW2 and configure SW2 as VTP Client and set vtp domain to certexams, and make sure that VLANs cannot be created on SW2 as SW2 is in the client mode, and view the VTP information by issuing show vtp status command
5. Confirm that the VLANs created on SW1 are seen on SW2 by issuing show vlan command
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com Network+ Lab Simulator software to try complete lab with instructions.
Disclaimer: All Simulation Exams practice tests, study guides and/or material are neither sponsored by, nor endorsed by, nor affiliated with CompTIA® or any other company. All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners and duly acknowledged. A+™, Network+™, i-Net+™, Server+™,Security+™ are registered trade marks of CompTIA®. The practice tests material is a copyright of SimulationExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies. Thank-you for your interest in Simulation Exams. Please see read me file before you download, install, and/or use any software from SimulationExams.com For any information or questions regarding this Website, please e-mail webmaster at simulationexams.com