Q4. Match the following in the context of an OSPF area:
1. LSU A. This packet is sent by slave router if the DDP has more up-to-date link-state entry.
2. LSA B. This packet is sent when a router notices a change in a link-state
3. LSR C. These are contained in LSPs and have the information about neighbors and path costs.
A. 1->A; 2->B; 3->C
B. 1->B; 2->A; 3->C
C. 1->B; 2->C; 3->A
D. 1->C; 2->A; 3->B
Correct Answer: C
1. LSA (Link State Advertisement): LSAs are included in the database description packets (DDPs or DBDs). LSA entries include link-state type, the address of the advertising router, the cost of the link, and the sequence number.
2. LSR ( Link State Request): When a slave router receives an DDP (Database Description Packet), it sends and LSAck packet. Then it compares the received information with the information it has. If the DDP has more recent information, the slave router sends a link-state request (LSR) to the master router.
3. LSU ( Link State Update): LSU packet is sent in response to LSR (Link-State Request) packet sent from a slave router to a master router. LSU contains complete information about the requested entry.
Disclaimer: All Simulation Exams practice tests, study guides and/or material are neither sponsored by, nor endorsed by, nor affiliated with Cisco® Systems or any other company. All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners and duly acknowledged. CCNA™, CCENT™, ICND2™, CCNP™, CCIE™ are registered trade marks of Cisco®Systems. The practice tests material is a copyright of SimulationExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies. Thank-you for your interest in Simulation Exams. Please see read me file before you download, install, and/or use any software from SimulationExams.com For any information or questions regarding this Website, please e-mail webmaster at simulationexams.com