Description: To assign vty password for a switch for vty lines 0 to 15, choose 2950 switch from the N/W diagram, and use the following commands. Use the line vty command, followed by the password and login subcommands, to require login and establish a login password on the VTY port. By default, login is not enabled on the console or on VTY ports.
Note: The password "virtualpass" is assumed. You can use any other password.
1. Enter global configuration mode
2. Enter line sub-configuration mode for virtual terminals 0 to 15
3. Assign virtual terminal password "virtualpass" to lines 0-15
4. Enable the switch to use the password for telnet access
5. Exit line sub-configuration mode
6. Exit to privileged mode
2950(config)#line vty 0 15
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com Sim-Ex™ Lab Simulator for Network+ software to try complete lab with instructions.
Disclaimer: Simulationexams.com is not affiliated with any certification vendor, and Sim-Ex™ Practice Exams are written independently by SimulationExams.com and not affiliated or authorized by respective certification providers. Sim-Ex™ is a trade mark of SimulationExams.com or entity representing Simulationexams.com.Network+™ is a trademark of CompTIA® organization.