Description: This exercise helps in examining the default configurations of a switch and make changes to the configuration accordingly as required and view the changes.
1. Enter into privileged mode of a switch
2. Enter global configuration mode
3. Assign a name to the switch by setting its hostname
4. View the version of IOS running on the switch
5. View the running-configuration on the switch
6. View the interfaces on the switch initially
7. View the interfaces on the switch and their IP’s by issuing show ip interface command
8. Enter into global configuration mode and assign an ip address to the switch’s interface and make the interface up
9. Exit to privileged mode
10. View the IP Address configured by issuing show ip interface brief and show interfaces command
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com Network+ Lab Simulator software to try complete lab with instructions.
Disclaimer: All Simulation Exams practice tests, study guides and/or material are neither sponsored by, nor endorsed by, nor affiliated with CompTIA® or any other company. All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners and duly acknowledged. A+™, Network+™, i-Net+™, Server+™,Security+™ are registered trade marks of CompTIA®. The practice tests material is a copyright of SimulationExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies. Thank-you for your interest in Simulation Exams. Please see read me file before you download, install, and/or use any software from SimulationExams.com For any information or questions regarding this Website, please e-mail webmaster at simulationexams.com