You will practice viewing running configuration, copying running configuration
to startup configuration etc. in this exercise.
a. Show running-config is the command which displays the current running active
configuration in memory.
b. Show startup-config displays the configuration stored in NVRAM
c. Copy running-config startup-config or copy run start command copies the current
active configuration to NVRAM.
d. Erase startup-config will enable you to completely delete all configurations on the router
so that you can start from scratch. Type this command to delete the configuration file in
1. Enter into privileged mode
2. Show the active configuration in memory
3. View the configuration stored in NVRAM
4. Copy the active configuration to NVRAM
5. View the configuration stored in NVRAM
6. Issue the command to delete the configuration file in NVRAM
7. Then view the configuration stored in NVRAM
R1#copy running-config startup-config
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com
Lab Simulator software to try complete lab with