Description: This lab exercise helps to understand the configuration process of VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) to establish a server and client connection , assigning VLANs to multiple ports, creating a trunk line between switches to carry VLANs
1. Assign IP address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0 to SW1 on its interface and IP address of 192.168.100.2 255.255.255.0 to SW2 on its vlan interface
2. Add vlan 30 and 40 to SW1 and assign ports 2 through 5 to vlan 30 and assign ports 6 through 10 to vlan 40
3. To verify the configuration, issue show vlan command on SW1
4. Configure SW1 as a VTP Server and SW2 as a VTP Client and change the VTP domain to certexams and assign a VTP password of ccna
5. To create the trunk link that will transport the VLAN configurations from SW1 to SW2, enable trunking on the port that links between the two switches
6. After this configuration, you should be able to view the VLANs from SW1 on SW2. Use show vlan command to verify the VLAN configurations, and show vtp status command to display VTP specific information
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com Sim-Ex™ Lab Simulator for Network+ software to try complete lab with instructions.
Disclaimer: Simulationexams.com is not affiliated with any certification vendor, and Sim-Ex™ Practice Exams are written independently by SimulationExams.com and not affiliated or authorized by respective certification providers. Sim-Ex™ is a trade mark of SimulationExams.com or entity representing Simulationexams.com.Network+™ is a trademark of CompTIA® organization.