Security+ practice questions
Security policy audit
|Download Free Trial Security+ Practice Tests|
Q10. Which of the following policies describes the type of authorization required to perform a port scan of an organization's internetwork?
Security policies describe the vulnerability assessments, incident-response guidelines, logs, and other security procedures. Some of the important security policies are:
1. Acceptable use policy: Describes the acceptable use of an organization's resources including computer hardware, software, email, and Internet resources.
2. Antivirus policy: Describes the measures to be taken for preventing and/or curing virus damage to a Corporate computer network.
3. Audit policy: An Audit policy helps you get the following:
a. Risk assessment, identification of all the
potential threats and vulnerabilities within a company's IT systems, covering
policies, processes, networks and applications.
4. Non-disclosure agreement: Agreement with a user for preventing sensitive information disclosure.
5. Password Policy: Describes password requirements including password length, duration, and guidelines.
6. Remote Access Policy: Describes access requirements for remote users.
7. Server security policy: Describes the security precautions to be taken such as isolating the internal server from web server (through the use of buffer zones such DMZ).