Description: This exercise demonstrates the concept of Router on a stick.
1. Configure R1 with sub-interface fastethernet 0/0.10 with IP Address 192.168.100.2 255.255.255.0 and set the encapsulation to dot1q 2 and sub-interface fastethernet 0/0.20 with IP Address 192.168.200.2 255.255.255.0 and set its encapsulation to dot1q 3
2. Check the routing table on R1 by issuing show ip route command
3. Connect to switch SW1 and create VLANs 2 and 3
4. Add the SW1 port fa 0/1 to VLAN 2 using “switchport access vlan <num>” command
5. Add the SW1 port fa 0/2 to VLAN 3 using “switchport access vlan <num>” command
6. Configure the workstation WS1 with IP Address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0 and a default-gateway of 192.168.100.2
7. Configure the workstation WS2 with IP Address 192.168.200.1 255.255.255.0 and a default-gateway of 192.168.200.2
8. Ping R1 from WS1 and WS2 and Ping WS2 from WS1 and see that it fails
9. Configure the trunk link between R1 and SW1 by issuing switchport mode trunk command on SW1. Also specify “switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q” on SW1 in interface configuration mode
10. Check the trunk information using show interfaces trunk command
11. Ping R1 from WS1 and WS2 and Ping WS2 from WS1 and see that it is successful as there is a trunk line now created on SW1
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com Network+ Lab Simulator software to try complete lab with instructions.
Disclaimer: All Simulation Exams practice tests, study guides and/or material are neither sponsored by, nor endorsed by, nor affiliated with CompTIA® or any other company. All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners and duly acknowledged. A+™, Network+™, i-Net+™, Server+™,Security+™ are registered trade marks of CompTIA®. The practice tests material is a copyright of SimulationExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies. Thank-you for your interest in Simulation Exams. Please see read me file before you download, install, and/or use any software from SimulationExams.com For any information or questions regarding this Website, please e-mail webmaster at simulationexams.com