Description: This lab exercise demonstrates the required commands for DHCP Server configuration on a cisco router.
1. Issue service dhcp command on router R1 that enables and disables the DHCP server feature on router. By default, this is enabled.
2. Create an addressing pool for dhcp.
3. Issue network command that specifies the range of IP addresses to be assigned to clients.
4. Assign the domain-name to the client.
5. In order to resolve Host names to IP addresses, client computers require the IP addresses of DNS (Domain Name Service) servers. Use dns-server command that allows assigning upto 8 DNS server addresses to the client, but however in simulator only 1 address is allowed.
6. Specify the default-router address using default-router command that allows assigning upto 8 default-gateway addresses to the client for this range of addresses.
7. Specify the duration of the lease, which if omitted results to default 1 day.
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com Network+ Lab Simulator software to try complete lab with instructions.
Disclaimer: All Simulation Exams practice tests, study guides and/or material are neither sponsored by, nor endorsed by, nor affiliated with CompTIA® or any other company. All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners and duly acknowledged. A+™, Network+™, i-Net+™, Server+™,Security+™ are registered trade marks of CompTIA®. The practice tests material is a copyright of SimulationExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies. Thank-you for your interest in Simulation Exams. Please see read me file before you download, install, and/or use any software from SimulationExams.com For any information or questions regarding this Website, please e-mail webmaster at simulationexams.com