This lab exercise demonstrates the required commands for DHCP Server
configuration on a cisco router.
1. Issue service dhcp command on router R1 that enables and disables the DHCP server
feature on router. By default, this is enabled.
2. Create an addressing pool for
3. Issue network command that specifies the range of IP addresses to be assigned to
4. Assign the domain-name to the client.
5. In order to resolve Host names to IP addresses, client computers require the IP addresses
of DNS (Domain Name Service) servers. Use dns-server command that allows assigning
upto 8 DNS server addresses to the client, but however in simulator only 1
address is allowed.
6. Specify the default-router address using default-router command that allows assigning
upto 8 default-gateway addresses to the client for this range of addresses.
7. Specify the duration of the lease, which if omitted results to default 1 day.
Note: Please refer to the SimulationExams.com
Lab Simulator software to try complete lab with